Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The count down begins

Nine days until leaving. The Lord is at work in my life and I sit in that truth as I prepare to go!

So much has been swirling through my head and heart the past few days. But reading my friend's posts the past few days has definitely challenged me and encouraged me to write!

Yesterday I had about 10 people over at my house to pray for me as I prepared to leave. We gave a little space to listen to God and people begin praying. I have to say that every prayer that was prayed resonated in a specific way and I realized at that moment the blessing of having community come around you, see you and lift up petitions on your behalf before God.

I feel covered by prayer and ready to go.

I am ready to go and receive. I am realizing how much deeper my confidence in God needs to press into my soul, that I would have a freedom in my life to know that God, in his sovereignty, has my best in mind and as a wise mentor has reminded me, I can't f-- it up. There's a lot in that statement that is still very difficult for me to believe. And in that fear of making mistakes I abdicate to the opinions and desires and vision of other people to the point where my own desires and vision is masked, repressed and lost. Perhaps Manila will be nothing but sitting and letting those deep things float upwards. And if it is nothing but that, I will come back content and satisfied, proclaiming the goodness of God.

Pray that over me my friends.

---------------------------

Notice a new blog on the left bar called "moments". It's a blog of Steph Wong's past year teaching. It comes to you highly recommended!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

d.groot, reading your blog is something that constantly strengthens that desire in me to go deeper with Jesus. thanks for sharing your thoughts, friend. i really enjoy reading them. i know what you mean about community too. i am really missing oxy community right now, but Jesus is teaching me how to adjust to the change and live where I'm at. i already have been praying for you and I will continue to pray for you. will you get a chance to blog while you're there? i sure hope so.

stephanie said...

i just realized tonight might be the last time i see you for awhile. i'll be praying for your time in the philippines, friend! be blessed!

and thanks for the blog shoutout. =)

JFC said...

i'm praying for you in the whirlwind and beyond...i miss you already.

thanks for the comment, it's easy to get real insecure and funky about my writing for no reason at all.

are you leaving from the bay? or will you be back to l.a.?

Daniel Groot said...

thanks for the comment Joe! I just left the bay and am in San Diego right now. I'll be flying out tomorrow! augh!!!

Take care and God Bless