Friday, August 1, 2008

Day Dreaming...

I wake up in the morning. Time for another day of work! I sigh and get out of bed, grab a quick bite to eat and then go to my 8-5 job. It doesn't pay that well, but it keeps food on the table. If I had my choice I would be doing something else, but I don't really know what that would be so until then I am grateful for this job that keeps me going. It is a gift from God.

When I get home I'll either call up some friends to hang out, maybe play a game of chess, or basketball or just hang out. A lot of my neighbors drink, but I try to stay away from too much of that. My weekends are pretty full with church activities, I enjoy worship music so I help with the worship team when I can. I will be leading at the end of this month.

That's my life, I'm happy and God has given me the grace of his salvation. What else could I ask for?
--------------------------
Who is this? Is this me in Los Angeles or Mark in the slums of Botocan?

In the midst of the differences... the similarities are striking.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Sam Phang said...

"I try to stay away from too much of that" - I assume that's Mark.

:D
miss you!

stephanie said...

i think the similarities are beautiful. i love the sense of unity that it brings among God's people - having never really been in relationship with people overseas, i think the similarities make people in other parts of the world, with other life circumstances, feel more real and less abstract to me.

i love reading your updates and hearing updates from sarah! thanks for sharing all the stories about the people you're meeting and the ways that God is speaking to you. i'm praying for God's continued work!

Vicky said...

haha when I read this post, I'd thought in disbelief that you hadn't left for the Philippines yet. Then I read the previous post. After reading the rest of them, I realized I hadn't finished reading the first one, and found out that yes, you really are in Botocan. :) It sounds very peaceful. and full. Thank you for updating your blog! I love reading your posts because they convey absolute peace.

Daniel Groot said...

thanks for your comments on this one. I found it interesting how much is similar in the hopes dreams and lives.

Yet Mark also lives in a house about the size of 2 times eddie's room w/ his mom and brother and sister. how do we balance it all? thoughts?